Feb 1, 2013
Cambridge Ont
VetteCoins
Car
2009 Silver Coupe
My 2009 Coupe seats both have a lot of play in the back rests in the normal seating position. They move at the pivot point a few inches without lifting the tip forward lever on the back of the seat. I have heard of the "rocking chair" issue. Is that what this is? Is there a DIY fix for this or can anybody point me to a thread on the subject? I couldn't find one on this forum. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Antony

Tony -- Not sure if you mean the seat back or the chair part that sits on the track.
The so called "rocking chair" issue deals with the excess play in the seat track and the fix is in the link that Wayne posted and looks great.

If it's the seat back that's out of adjustment -- that would be a different fix.

C.

Tony -- Not sure if you mean the seat back or the chair part that sits on the track.
The so called "rocking chair" issue deals with the excess play in the seat track and the fix is in the link that Wayne posted and looks great.

If it's the seat back that's out of adjustment -- that would be a different fix.

C.

It is the seat back that has play in it. The seat cushion is firmly fixed to the floor and the track seems fine. I only noticed it while I was getting it ready for storage and won't look at it until spring. Maybe there is just something loose in the seat hinge. They are both the same. Give me something to do come spring.

Users who are viewing this thread