Aug 31, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
2024 C8 coupe
Province
NT
I know that this has been batted about several times but spread over several unrelated posts. Imagine that. My question is what are y’all being quoted for full front end PPF and ceramic end to end ? I have just gotten a quote on Expel Ultimate and this ceramic with a 10 year warranty and a 9H hardness level . Thanks for your input. :smilejump1:

Last edited:
Go for it. Especially the PPF for the paint protection. I didn't do the whole car. I did front end, hood, front fenders, door entry coves, mirrors, interior door sills (a must), and rear quarters. The ceramic is an extra gloss and easy to wash but I hand wax mine lots and am happy with the gloss and the easy wash I get.

Reactions: 1st Vette
Go for it. Especially the PPF for the paint protection. I didn't do the whole car. I did front end, hood, front fenders, door entry coves, mirrors, interior door sills (a must), and rear quarters. The ceramic is an extra gloss and easy to wash but I hand wax mine lots and am happy with the gloss and the easy wash I get.
I’m going to do it, every thing you mention but forgot about the door sills. I will add that . They are also doing the A pillars . No rear quarters though. You put wax over the ceramic ? I would have thought it wasn’t necessary.

I’m going to do it, every thing you mention but forgot about the door sills. I will add that . They are also doing the A pillars . No rear quarters though. You put wax over the ceramic ? I would have thought it wasn’t necessary.
No ceramic on mine. PPF only. and yes, when I wax I wax over the PPF too.

• Informative
Reactions: Dik and 1st Vette
Just ceramic, at dealer, around $1100 for the 9H stuff. Wanted the bird poop, tree sap, cat spray resistance. I guess it helps and water beads and runs off. Maybe it would have anyway, I don't know.
No PPF, as I already have it on my motorhome hood, and it's peeling at the edges and has been penetrated once or twice already.
It's just a car, yes I'd like it to remain pristine, but it's just a car.

Just ceramic, at dealer, around $1100 for the 9H stuff. Wanted the bird poop, tree sap, cat spray resistance. I guess it helps and water beads and runs off. Maybe it would have anyway, I don't know.
No PPF, as I already have it on my motorhome hood, and it's peeling at the edges and has been penetrated once or twice already.
It's just a car, yes I'd like it to remain pristine, but it's just a car.
True. I think I’ll go with the PPF mainly because here they put down a mix of sand and gravel over the winter and it can be six weeks after the snow is pretty much gone before the street sweepers clean it all up. I had a truck ahead of me at the light today spitting rocks at me.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day and MKC8
I have Expel PPF basically on the front and rockers and the whole car is ceramic coated. I love the ceramic and recently had it refreshed. I get a lot of tree pollen in my neighborhood. It is a fine green dust that is slightly gritty. It washes off my car pretty easy. OTOH, my truck is not ceramic coated, it is parked outside, it is hit really hard by the pollen and requires a power wash with foam brush to remove.

:Cheers2:

PS. When do you pick up your car again? :cool:

I know that this has been batted about several times but spread over several unrelated posts. Imagine that. My question is what are y’all being quoted for full front end PPF and ceramic end to end ? I have just gotten a quote on Expel Ultimate and this ceramic with a 10 year warranty and a 9H hardness level . Thanks for your input. :smilejump1:

Checked my documents .... Front PPF including hood, fenders, intake grills, headlights, mirrors., side rockers all the way to the quarter panel...ceramic coat the whole car ...they also ceramic coated the calipers and both sets of rims ... 4500 through the dealer ...
They said the material they used was " better " than expel ... ok?
Just please make sure you find a shop that knows what they are doing ... not all created equal ...
Remember its paint protection film ... not paint perfection film ;) But i am very happy with the work
Good luck !

Last edited:
Wow no reply from the racoon yet! Surprising.
Full body done, XPEL Ultimate w/10yr Ceramic, $5900. Also included ceramic on windows/wheels/brake callipers and interior.
Many are not enamoured with PPF and yes it is rather costly. Again it’s a personal choice much like extended warranty — It all can offer peace of mind.
The work was excellent. I shopped around and had several shops bid on the process. Others ranged from $6000-$9000. Also researched the shop and work quality prior.
There were multiple high end Mercedes/BMW’s and 2 Lambos in the shop when my car was about to go in and they had done several C8’s previously, which is important I believe, so felt confident the work would be of high quality.

I have Expel PPF basically on the front and rockers and the whole car is ceramic coated. I love the ceramic and recently had it refreshed. I get a lot of tree pollen in my neighborhood. It is a fine green dust that is slightly gritty. It washes off my car pretty easy. OTOH, my truck is not ceramic coated, it is parked outside, it is hit really hard by the pollen and requires a power wash with foam brush to remove.

:Cheers2:

PS. When do you pick up your car again? :cool:
May 14

my truck is not ceramic coated, it is parked outside, it is hit really hard by the pollen and requires a power wash with foam brush to remove.
Why not use a car wash with ceramic in it? I use Armour All ceramic car wash on the beater and it works pretty good. Not as good as a pro job, but good for beaters etc.