Sep 26, 2015
Georgetown, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2014 Z51
Has anyone had this conversion yet? Exactly what is involved? I am hearing that many Corvette owners don't bother with OnStar but I'd like to continue with it at least for a few years.

Plan is to wait now until spring when the car comes out of winter storage. The first letter I received from OnStar says I have until December 2016 to convert at no charge.

Has anyone had this conversion yet? Exactly what is involved? I am hearing that many Corvette owners don't bother with OnStar but I'd like to continue with it at least for a few years.

Plan is to wait now until spring when the car comes out of winter storage. The first letter I received from OnStar says I have until December 2016 to convert at no charge.

14sevenheaven

I had my upgrade done a couple of weeks ago, they just change out the control module, done in a couple of hours. I cancel my OnStar when the car goes to bed in the winter time. Hopfully your car is not in storage yet.... Get the upgrade done, so if you every sell it the next owner won't have to pay for it.......

Reactions: 14sevenheaven
Mine is scheduled for next Wednesday to get the new module. I don't use OnStar but figured I should get it for resale incase that appeals to new owner eventually.

Let us know how it goes and what they do. My dealer Said they bring someone in to do the conversion (two different companies were mentioned) but they couldn't tell me exactly what was involved other than: "The OnStar module is replaced and it takes two hours".

I agree that it should be done, if not for us, for the benefit of those who might own the car one day. FYI OnStar insisted at first that the deadline was December 2015. I told them I had two letters from them telling me I had until December 2016 to have the upgrade done at no charge.

When I told them that the car is in storage all winter OnStar said service can be put on hold. That was news to me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.