CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
Been readin' about these over the last few weeks and came to discover that Mobil 1, K&N Gold and Wix are the more popular filters on the market.

Yes even over the OEM Delco units which may have questionable construction.

Main source of info is 'Bob Is The Oil Guy'.

What do you guys use?
C.

I also use Wix. I have read some good things about them. I don't think there is any real bad filters out there..... everyone just has different opinions. I have also used the top of the line Napa filters, which I am told are made by Wix.

As said, change oil and filter often is the best thing you can do for your car.

Reactions: Roarry
Original GM filters is all I ever used and a Frantz Oil Cleaner too which my opinion was the best thing ever made. The worst I have read about is Fram. If K&N oil filters work like their air filters then they are junk too.

I think that "Bob Is The Oil Guy" has cut all the different oil filters apart a while back and measured the filtering material and the manufacturing methods of putting the filters together. From anything that I have read, Fram seemed to be always at the bottom of the list. I change my oil every 5K miles and just use the Delco oil filter. As said earlier, change it often. It's cheap insurance.

Reactions: Roarry
Whatever filter you prefer just remember to add some old to the filter to avoid am intial dry start up. Ideally you should let your filter sit for about 10 minutes so that it saturates the filter. If you're in a time crunch the just add oil to the filter about 1/2 full or so, and then install. Don't forget to apply a small amount for oil to the gasket.

Users who are viewing this thread