CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
Been readin' about these over the last few weeks and came to discover that Mobil 1, K&N Gold and Wix are the more popular filters on the market.

Yes even over the OEM Delco units which may have questionable construction.

Main source of info is 'Bob Is The Oil Guy'.

What do you guys use?
C.

Hey Manny, I heard the nut hangs below the frame on the car and could be the first thing to hit something if the car bottoms out on anything or catches debris. Any insight on this? I realize that if you're bottoming out your car, you probably have bigger issues but I just thought I would ask as I have a K&N on my car right now too.

Hey Manny, I heard the nut hangs below the frame on the car and could be the first thing to hit something if the car bottoms out on anything or catches debris. Any insight on this? I realize that if you're bottoming out your car, you probably have bigger issues but I just thought I would ask as I have a K&N on my car right now too.

LOL, Riley, that's a way of life for me....:rofl:

C.

The picture

Ok as promised here is a picture .

This my personal vette , and as you can see the nut is not even visable .

Colin , not pun intended :rofl:

Saleitems004-1.jpg

Manny - I cant even see the filter.... are you showing off yer clean rear end !

Very Nice..... wish I had a hoist like that so I could clean mine up.... no problems with the way your nuts are hangin from what I can see :D

A clean rear and proper hanging nuts will get you far in life :rofl:

mark one down for WIX here. I doubt there's a problem with any of the mentioned filters as long as regular oil change intervals are being followed and it would be a matter of preference.

I have an oil filter clamp so the nut on the k&n isn't a big deal for me and between wix k&n and mobil 1 filters. all are readily available to me but wix is the cheapest in price so that's the one i go with

Users who are viewing this thread