Apr 9, 2015
St.Albert, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8 HTC
Province
AB
The 2016 prices are insane compared with 2014. I was too cheap to pull the trigger in 2014 on a new Stingray and now look where they are priced. Seems like even preowned 14's are now selling for what people paid for them new. Oh well "you snooze you lose". Congratulations to those who saw a good deal in late 2013-14.

Reactions: LSXtasy
Mike, any idea of where Owais is working now? I knew he left Gateway and think he showed up again here with another dealership.

That guy was a real asset to the forum and anyone considering buying a new C7.

Mike, any idea of where Owais is working now? I knew he left Gateway and think he showed up again here with another dealership.

That guy was a real asset to the forum and anyone considering buying a new C7.

Last I heard he was at Leggat, but he's not been on the site in close to 10 month's so not sure what has happened since then.

The thing I really noticed about the 2014 was that a base 2013 C6 started at $60,600. Where the new C7 started at $52,000 and change. Quite an awesome drop in price.
BUT, I was just watching Motor Week Retro. In 1982, the host was testing the 1982 Corvette as a send off before the 1983 Vette came out :)p). Anyway, he bought his 1978 Corvette new with a base price of $9,450 and with the most popular options it cost $11,500. 4 years later, the base 1982 Corvette cost $18,300 with the collectors edition juicing that up to $24,000!!!
So! my point is, I thought the price was going up pretty fast now but it seems the prices in the past have been insane!

As for Owais, I wish I could shed some light. All I know is that he does not work at Leggat anymore and I do not have contact information to get a hold of him. He was a very good asset to the forum.

IMG_1491.JPG
Awesome news I have joined the C7 club. Just bought a 2014 2Lt Z51 coupe.

Reactions: smackYYZ
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.