Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
CCF Members,

In the interest of adding some fresh content and discussion topics as of about 5 mins from now CCF will enable a new sub-forum called Vettes on the Net. It's some basic content aggregation from the interwebz into separate auto generated threads. Keep in mind we're not actively moderating this content so if a thread title happens to start with 'Cockney Balls' then blame your nearest neighbour.

Members are welcome to comment and spark up discussions in the aforementioned autogenerated threads. They will appear just like any other thread with a prefix of Internet News.

We will be running this as a trial for a few days to see how we all feel about this.

The content is capped at 10 new stories per day so as not to overwhelm everyone with things you may not be interested in. We will continue to refine the search criteria as needed so as not to drag in too much internet garbage and accidental cockney ball pics.

Enjoy!

P.S. If you feel like getting the pitchforks out at this indiscretion please hold off for a couple of days :)

PPS. If you have any suggestions for websites/aggregators we should crawl for content please hit me up with a PM or drop in a suggestion.

Sorry but you are getting a pitch fork right off on this. While the thought might be to attract more discussion with this, the efforts are lost simply because it is aggregation. The posts will not be indexed as they are not original content and, if fact, Google may as well give you a slap on the wrist for creating duplicate content.

In other words, the articles are directed only at the users already present and they don't have the ability to attract more readers to the forum.

The only thing I now experience is the need to hunt through these new threads to find the meat... Sorry.

If you want to include such...my thoughts are to let them aggregate into the appropriate News thread but not appear on searches for latest or new posts....as they really aren't posts in th first place.

Sorry but you are getting a pitch fork right off on this. While the thought might be to attract more discussion with this, the efforts are lost simply because it is aggregation. The posts will not be indexed as they are not original content and, if fact, Google may as well give you a slap on the wrist for creating duplicate content.

In other words, the articles are directed only at the users already present and they don't have the ability to attract more readers to the forum.

The only thing I now experience is the need to hunt through these new threads to find the meat... Sorry.

If you want to include such...my thoughts are to let them aggregate into the appropriate News thread but not appear on searches for latest or new posts....as they really aren't posts in th first place.

Lol, fair enough. I'm not doing it for google points, that forum will not be indexed and it should already be excluded from New posts so should not clutter too much. Thought it would be a nice distraction for some folks unwilling to go search daily.

I'm about to drop in a huge events mod hopefully tonight, was feeling a little bored whilst fighting some php....