Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
OK folks,

With all this talk of user maps etc. seeing how many events are happening nationwide we've decided to introduce proper event functionality with calendar, maps and dedicated event specific threads. Over the next few days you will start seeing more event based functions show up.

For example we now have an Event thread prefix to mark your event threads. A new calendar will allow registered members to create events with dates, times and addresses that will turn into maps. Members will be able to RSVP and have reminders sent. We will also have events trigger automatic event threads so that discussions can be kept neat and organized.

It's all going to look pretty cool at the end one hopes. There's quite a bit of coding involved as this platform is lacking proper event management so apologies in advance if something doesn't quite work out of the box.

I'll update this thread once we have the calendars hit.

The vision for events:

At some point in the future we will have event maps that will allow you to browse nearby events and the like.

We will have sponsored/vendor events to incentivise our cherished vendors and provide our membership with unique offers

Event categories to distinguish ye ol' event types

Fully searchable/taggable events

Fully managed by the event creator

More stuff I haven't thought of

Last edited:
It would be great to see a main thread like this that can keep track of Vette events...or even allow us members to post.

That's the idea. Will be community driven calendar sort of thing. You can post/manage events, others rsvp, get reminders plus there will be a thread behind it more than likely. Will be a new item off the menu and sidebar.

Sounds like a great idea.

While I know it is just not possible because of the vastness of our country but it would be great to have a Canadian Corvette Forum get together. Maybe if we did it electronically I think it would be a great achievement. We need Elf to organize this event. "Canadian Corvettes in Maine " or something like that.

A national Canadian Corvette Forums event would be so awesome but as stated, this is one large Country! I think Ponoka is off to a good start but as you say, something national would be amazing!

Events almost here, I'm planning on dropping it in as a beta shortly on our production CCF forum. I will put it as a separate menu option next to Members. It will allow users to create events using a calendar, with google maps, reminders, rsvps and so forth. Not all features will be available at first but bear with me.

Each event will be managed by the creator and will automatically create a new event specific thread on the main forums....

Anyway, I'll finish up the first release shortly and push out a separate thread on this.

We hope this will make organizing events across the country a whole lot easier as opposed to disconnected threads. Time will tell :)

Reactions: FordPrefect

Users who are viewing this thread