Went and looked at this car to trade for my truck and those codes came up? Are they serious how abouts do I fix them?

The first one: P0101 indicated a mass air flow meter problem.

the second one: P1221 doesn't show on the list. Might you have miscounted the flashes showing the code?

...Here's a list of all the codes:

GearChatter.com :: View Forum - 2002 F-Body DTC

....and welcome btw -- Glad to have you along. Let us know how the 'vette shopping goes.

Colin.

The way I look at it when buying a car is that it had better appear darned near perfect. You will find enough problems after buying never mind buying it already having problems. You can over look a few things if it is an exceptional deal.

P1221 comes up as a Throttle Position sensor from my source :D

Much better than an fault with the active handling system, although parts are still available for the '02 if something like that should go whereas the '99-'00 cars are left hanging in the wind (Steering wheel position sensor)......ask me how I know.... :(

Best way to fix these codes are with a little R&R and then clear the codes. If the car has an aftermarket air filter, it may just have oil on it from when the owner last cleaned the filter, so the MAF may just need a cleaning. This a a very common problem from people over oiling their filters.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!!!! Let us know if you find much else for sale or if you decide to go with this one!

P1221 comes up as a Throttle Position sensor from my source :D

Much better than an fault with the active handling system, although parts are still available for the '02 if something like that should go whereas the '99-'00 cars are left hanging in the wind (Steering wheel position sensor)......ask me how I know.... :(

Best way to fix these codes are with a little R&R and then clear the codes. If the car has an aftermarket air filter, it may just have oil on it from when the owner last cleaned the filter, so the MAF may just need a cleaning. This a a very common problem from people over oiling their filters.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!!!! Let us know if you find much else for sale or if you decide to go with this one!

Riley, I've lost my main list of 'vette codes -- what list do you have for ref.?

C.

Hey can all of us get a list of those codes for future reference please? Riley, can you or anybody else post them here please?
Many thx. they will come in handy from time to time.

C5hifive.. Welcome to the forum.
It looks like you got some answers from the members on here.
Let us know if you continue with this purchase.
Another BC/Langley Vette on here would be great.
PM me if I can assist.
graham

Hey guys I bought a 1999 corvette and i new it had a few problems but now it's stuck in reduce engine power mode, and when you turn key on ac the dash and lights flicker, also it doesn't always turn dash on you have to turn the key on back and forth a bunch of times for it to initialize

I've check under the battery for leaks and nothig
Also checked throttle body connectors for corrosion and nothing major but I cleaned em, computer is also clean

The car is a 1999 convertible ls1 with Texas speed heads, cam, cold air intake, borla exhaust and so I'm told it's EFI live tuned so plz suggestion how to get it out of this mode

Here are the codes
P1332
P1222 hc
C1278 c
B0333 hc
B0338 hc
B0446 h
B0032 hc
P1221 hc
P1120 hc
B0502 hc

These are the codes that came up

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.