Agreed but you have to look at why those Countries are inherently violent. My opinion doesn't count for much but most of the peoples in those 'other' countries have nothing but their religion, and religion isn’t especially peaceful. It's actually quite violent if you look at history. When they have nothing they make war and kill in the name of their orthodox beliefs and the way they interpret certain religion faiths and writings. Whether they believe that their God is leading them or not, it's an excuse for many. We are lucky here as the Protestant and Catholic religions have diluted considerably over the years but there was a time, especially in the old Country, that was not the case. JMO
Can’t forget the crusades for sure. I believe from what I have read that religion is responsible for more deaths in recorded history than any other cause including famine, disease, and natural disasters. Probably always will be. I think this one is better left alone.

One place where it just might be better to NOT have a lifeguard. Memories of what happened during WWII. After all, it might be kind of boring if we all thought, looked and acted alike.
Agreed. But perhaps one could argue that if there were such a thing as a gene pool lifeguard what happened during WW2 wouldn’t have…

Agreed. But perhaps one could argue that if there were such a thing as a gene pool lifeguard what happened during WW2 wouldn’t have…
Unfortunately the trouble there was that a few idiots set themselves up as lifeguards and made sure to eliminate those who dissented.
IMO we are seeing the same scenario trying hard to do that to the south of us.
But that is just my opinion.

• Winner
Reactions: Vettenut
Unfortunately the trouble there was that a few idiots set themselves up as lifeguards and made sure to eliminate those who dissented.
Back to topic. I believe there is a politically focused thread somewhere.

Back to topic. I believe there is a politically focused thread somewhere.
Yes there is. That has more to do with Canadian politics though. As long as it is civil it is OK. Discussion is one thing. Abject promotion of false concepts is another.
But then who am I to say what is true or false.

Yes there is. That has more to do with Canadian politics though. As long as it is civil it is OK. Discussion is one thing. Abject promotion of false concepts is another.
But then who am I to say what is true or false.
You mean like south of the border ? I don’t even want to think what could transpire there depending on what happens next November. Not to say either outcome would be stellar but one is obviously preferable.

In my humble estimation your opinion is correct. I just coincidentally came across this article today, thought you would find it both interesting and disturbing. I know I did.

Reactions: Vettenut