The truth is there’s been a setback and now they’re trying to figure out how to come up with a solution that doesn’t involve replacing parts. At this point, nobody has a date because as of this morning GM tech-support says there’s no date. There’s also been no update on the global connect system since April 18th.

The truth is there’s been a setback and now they’re trying to figure out how to come up with a solution that doesn’t involve replacing parts. At this point, nobody has a date because as of this morning GM tech-support says there’s no date. There’s also been no update on the global connect system since April 18th.
I have already paid to get close to $3500 in aftermarket work done so don’t even have the option to walk away and fight to get my money back. GMC better step up at the end of this bullshit.

They have to find a solution because GM won't be buying all of our cars back. The unknown question is how long are they going to take to find a revised solution that costs them the least amount of money to implement to satisfy Transport Canada's safety requirements? I am asking every day about news but there has been silence for the past 2 weeks.

I have already paid to get close to $3500 in aftermarket work done so don’t even have the option to walk away and fight to get my money back. GMC better step up at the end of this bullshit.

They have to find a solution because GM won't be buying all of our cars back. The unknown question is how long are they going to take to find a revised solution that costs them the least amount of money to implement to satisfy Transport Canada's safety requirements? I am asking every day about news but there has been silence for the past 2 weeks.
Ya know if this recall is so dangerous they should park every c8 in Canada until the recall is fixed. Whoever is running this federal no delivery order is a recall.

Ya know if this recall is so dangerous they should park every c8 in Canada until the recall is fixed. Whoever is running this federal no delivery order is a recall.
So yesterday I told my sales man at don wheaton to shove his car where the sun don’t shine. Today his gm had a meeting with whom ever and they say that the 2023 c8 will be fixed next week. I find this hard to believe but that’s what they said. Apparently everyone is loosing there s**t. Hope that’s the case.

I just spent a good amount of time doing some digging and am even more confused..... If a car is brand new they cannot sell it with an open safety recall but if a car is used the dealership can still sell it??? My car is used but they say I still cant have it? Which is the truth?

I just spent a good amount of time doing some digging and am even more confused..... If a car is brand new they cannot sell it with an open safety recall but if a car is used the dealership can still sell it??? My car is used but they say I still cant have it? Which is the truth?
Dealerships are also not allowed to sell used 2023 at the present time as well as new unsold 2023's.

Dealerships are also not allowed to sell used 2023 at the present time as well as new unsold 2023's.
Federal law specifically bans the sale of new cars with open recalls, but no similar law exists for used cars. Is what I am finding on numerous Canadian sites, I have now sent another email to my dealership requesting in writing what will be done to accommodate, this is complete Bullshit if I could walk away I would and take my chances on the reliability of a Maclaren but I cant as the next individual will then get all the benefit of the monies I have invested in aftermarket already.

Federal law specifically bans the sale of new cars with open recalls, but no similar law exists for used cars. Is what I am finding on numerous Canadian sites, I have now sent another email to my dealership requesting in writing what will be done to accommodate, this is complete Bullshit if I could walk away I would and take my chances on the reliability of a Maclaren but I cant as the next individual will then get all the benefit of the monies I have invested in aftermarket already.
I totally understand your dilemma... I'm in a similar situation where I have locked in a great price plus a lot of add ons that its really hard to walk away from now.

Reactions: Mikeblair